Monday, April 6, 2009

the tears in heaven

As I walk down an empty street my mind full of thoughts I can't talk about for this world is not ready
my mind altering state is not caused by any substance other than the power to dream
Now all I can do is walk with this blood on my hands for it signals what the world will see, me as an individual with a story
Unlike everyone else who walks with an empty stare and an empty soul
I walk always guarded by my instincts and this heart that I hold so dear
The moon is always there
While your walking it follows in a hypnotic way
it slowly moves and
As I close my eyes I open my soul
And when I stare at the moon with my soul I see you
Staring back at me
Wondering if maybe your really staring back
And
I have this blood on my hands
The world is scared and so are people scared of someone with no fear
I can't fear because I've got a beautiful heart and I'm able to close my eyes even if its only for a second I can dream
And when I heard the sound of silence and saw the panic in their eyes I knew
Just like I've always known
That this isn't just a stain
This isn't just a sound made by a weapon
This isn't just a simple goodbye
This isn't just a wondering eye
This is something that almost ended my life
But with this I still walk amoung the mindless people who may be full of knowledge but wont ever be able to dream
The cementary is full of brave men
And I guess maybe I need to start taking my road there
But I don't fear the reaper
I don't fear the world
I know the world isn't ready for my point of view
Not many are
So as were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year
Ill walk with this blood on my hands
For the only thing in danger tonight is the world for I'm still here and I'm still standing amoung you lord waiting for the answer so for the
Few amoung the dead walking through the widows eyes I am not scare because I can dream even with this blood on my hands
And this heart full of hope
I'm sure there are still tears in heaven

No comments: