Monday, February 9, 2009

the first paragraph

i know I'm not the same person i tried to be when i first wanted to write a novel
i remember wanting to start off my novel with a description of a so-called character
i wanted to go the whole nine yards with the description
beginning with the facial features that made the character interesting
the whole "he had dark hair and a slight limp to his walk only a man with a history for violence would have" but after a while i decided that if i wrote about a character with flaws many would relate to him or her for the wrong reason
i guess you have to first choose the right reason to write a story before you begin to take notes.

i guess like many i would be writing about my life and how
it consists of some struggles and some great moments but its all the same the way we live in the world
seems to leave less and less room for originality
I'm currently having a flash back to what i think is my first memory
i cant be certain of it being my first memory because its on video tape so maybe its only the first memory i have footage or prove of ever being real. don't worry i wont try to get philosophical in my story even if it might seem that way sometimes i simply cant stand people that read a certain piece of work by a man who is claimed to be insane by the few that don't understand him and will dictate this in a conversation to try to create stature among simple humans who are amazed by assholes who steal personality from those who try teach that following will never lead you anywhere. In any case we are all victims of thinking and now to re frame back to my previous topic, I was 3 years old in the early 90's with my shoulder length hair i had no idea what right or wrong were at that time and to this day sometimes i feel i still haven't learned it was my birthday party and like every child i cried when held by unfamiliar faces my first memory is of me riding a swing with two little girls with floral dresses in the middle of a hall my father a man in his early twenty's at the time was about to pull me away when i struck him with a broom i picked up somewhere in the 2 minutes the camera wasn't on me. that is my first memory September 21st 1993 who am i? HEBERT

No comments: