Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the second paragraph

In 1994 i began to see the world in color. I remember always having a positive outlook on things maybe because i didn't understand most things going on in my surroundings.
I wont ever claim to be one of the kids who was a know it all at a very young age, in fact i knew only few things at the time my world consisted of going to school, listening to music with my mom, and pretending to be a power ranger.
i have always felt that music was a huge part of my up bringing my mother was a drummer in her high school marching band and would always walk with great rhythm in her step she was also a great dancer.
My father was and continues to be a quite individual I never fully understood why my mother was with a man who always seemed so cold.
He did however have moments that almost made him seem human.
i remember a day when me and my mother went out to get some things from the grocery store, we were coming back home from the grocery store and as we walked in the door i heard music coming from my parents room i ran as fast as i could to the room and when i walked in i saw my father on top of a couch jamming out with some heavy air guitar type movements i couldn't help but laugh and him for he reminded me of the very person he would make fun off every morning BARNEY the purple television dinosaur.
Before i even had a chance to ask him what he was doing my mom shouted"what the hell are you doing" he has always feared my moms tone of voice when it became loud he gave her a strange look and simply said 'listening to SCORPIONS " my mom just laughed at him as she walked away and muttered "SCORPIONS why not Judas Priest" my dad had always claimed to hate Scorpions but it was the LOVE DRIVE album and if you've heard the album you'd understand why he loved it so. Before that day i never really saw my dad as a person that was any fun at all but come to think about it when i walked in that room i didn't see my dad i saw a kid trapped in a commitment that i cant help but feel responsible for.

No comments: