Tuesday, March 24, 2009

help me close my eyes

I opened my eyes
I can't close them anymore
To be able to close my eyes again
Would be the only thing I ask
Not because I now see the world
In a way I don't pray anyone will ever see it
The world isn't ready for my words
The world isn't ready for my ideas
The world isn't ready for my perception
Please
Lord
let me close my eyes again
I don't want to keep them closed
I just want to be able to dream again
With my eyes closed if only for a couple
Of seconds at a days end
I want to close my eyes as the sun sets
Just so I can open my eyes as the moon rises
I want to dream for more than a second at a time but if I only get a second I won't take it for granted I never did
Lord
I'm no longer lost
I've had an angel save me
She took my hand and the song remained the same
Just lord
Don't let me fall
Don't let me fall
Please don't let me fall
South of heaven

No comments: