Monday, March 9, 2009

paragraph 5 /back in 96'

1996.
The summer in the city is like no other in a city with no hope like the one im in. It had been a year since I first felt my mothers cold shoulder and my fathers last words. I was still with my grandmother and she still talked about love almost everyday sometimes we'd listen to music together
She called me her "special dancing man" because I would be her dance partner she was a very gracefull woman with a heart of gold and a smile that made vegas light fall in shame. My summer days in 96' were happy ones to say the least. I met a great group of friends that year. They were all characters I was the misfit like in most childhood movies, nelson was the chubby "strong" guy that had all the jokes and the person who expanded my vocabulary in a not so possitive way, carlos was always willing to fight the biggiest meanest people because he was so small and determained to prove people wrong, frank was one of carlos's brothers, he was calm and I guess if there was a brain in the group It would most likely be him, jr. Was the worst he would always try to bring everyone down and he was annoying and somewhat of a trouble maker, and juan I guess he was the leader he was older than most of us and he taught me the ropes showed me how to light a fire cracker and how jump a 10 foot fence which I always thought would be impossible. We didn't have a diamond field of dreams all we had was a parking lot and a church that to this day I cross paths with at least once in a while. These are the kind of people worth mentioning in a life time of passing faces these are the ones that stay with me timeless just the actions that change us. The summer is something I can't really explain in detail because its the fall that really want to talk about. I was starting the second grade somewhat nervous because I didn't have any of my friends in my class and the teacher was late. I remember sitting front and center because I've always had this possitive attitude when starting a new adventure and the second grade was going to be a great adventure for me I felt it in my heart. Then she walked in with her beautiful black hair I know I didn't want characters in this writing but she couldn't be anything but a character she was strong and confident but shy at the same time her name was Ms. Garvey. She was my first real crush its funny actually she was the person that got me into nirvana I would listen to nirvana and joy division with her as we had lunch together she would invite me to have lunch with her because she said she enjoyed my company she liked that I was different and knew a little bit about the stoogies and the dolls and she said it was a good thing that I'd rather listen to pink floyd videos than watch saturday morning cartoons. I still remember the day I told her I liked her
She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said when your older there will be a lucky girl walking down the street with you and ill walk passed you and ill tell her that you liked me first she said I was worth so much more than any ordinary person because ordinary people are boring and extrordinary people dress up like mimes and make me smile and fall hard but in a good way. Maybe 1996 wasn't as hard of a year to write about as I thought it would be you know I mentioned wanting to write about the fall soo much but now I just want to write about her because still today I feel that sometimes the world isn't ready for my point of view
But you might be<3
Just let me know what you would do if I sang out of tone
And I promise you I will but even if its the worst voice you've ever heard its one of truth and joy.
Many things happen in a day sometimes you enjoy a conversation with a beautiful person that you've made smile at least for a second and you feel infinite again you feel as if the world has meaning. It seems I had this feeling just a couple of seconds ago thank you baby for making me smile at least for second I feel warm again.

Don't be a stranger to the world for the world can be nice but the lies the world surrounds itself with are not healthy and 1996 is a year of joy
In the words of someone who's in a little box next to my heart sometimes being speechless is a form of love
Sometimes meaning now
So smile for the moon is still here tonight
And so are the two little mimes

No comments: